The Youth Service Bureau of St. Tammany (YSB) is seeking a master's level therapist for our Options substance abuse treatment program at our Slidell location, with some time spent in Covington. The candidate must have an interest in working with adolescents and their families.
Some evening hours are required. Significant portion of caseload is with adolescents who have been referred for substance abuse issues, but some clients are referred for other emotional and mental health needs.
- Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW)
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment such as computer, printer, fax machine, copier, calculator, telephone
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, reach, bend and lift up to 10 pounds
- Ability to communicate in standard English both orally and in writing
- Ability to communicate successfully and pleasantly with school and agency personnel, students, and families
- Ability to work cooperatively with others
- Ability to respond positively to supervision and accept suggestions for improvement
- Ability to work effectively and respectfully with people from diverse cultural, ethnic and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Reliable transportation
- Willingness to meet with clients in the office and at school
- Must keep accurate and up to date records
- Must comply with state and agency regulations, policies and procedures
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Paid holidays, health insurance, dental insurance, paid vacation (in accordance with length of service)
Please submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins.
The Youth Service Bureau is an equal opportunity employer. The Youth Service Bureau does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the ground of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, ancestry, age, sex, or sexual orientation.